Videoconference / Webcam recommendations?

I can understand that in your case (using Netmeeting at work) you don't want to start a chat in Messenger, but I don't see any difference in the security risk involved, it is just a matter of having only you and your partner in the contact list for the account used to launching Netmeeting. It might also save you from any phone calls, when you have the chat interface available. Of course I know the procedure works for you, I just wanted to provide an easy alternative for DB and his partner.

Best regards,

Danish30

That seems straighforwrd enough and thanks for the top-down.

IPCONFIG? Uh,I assume the point of the exercise is extracting the IP address? I Start>Run - winipcfg when I nned that [or I can throw on some freeware wdiget to put the IPon the desktop when she dials in].

However, this is problematic as there is only one phone line and no cell phone. I'm so cruel, huh?

My workaround would be to have her send it to me on MSMessnger -- that'd work, yes?

We've been workinng on the savvy part the last few days. She already knows how to launch applications and play games, open and close windows, start up shut down, where to put the internet password, how to make the modem go.

So, we'll get over the hump somehow. Once I get my monitor back it will be a lot easier to accelerate the learning curve -- right now we're reduced to blurry email and crappy games 640x480.

Being the heartless bastard I am, I've got her reading the Windows98 manual. I'm glad it's all in Thai so I'm not obligated to suffer the same horrible fate....

Archived