Anyone want to offer a good man a job?

I am about to arrive in Bangkok in about eight weeks, so if anyone wants to offer a man who has just finished a stint as the Assistant Management Officer/System Administrator (NT4.0) for the British Embassy in Phnom Penh then go right ahead. Any leads will be warmly received. Also any tips on where to look and what kind of jobs I could expect to get.

Cheers

Dan

Yeah, I have gathered that.

I am not expecting miracles though. But I did go to Cambodia with no illusions and wound up working for the British Embassy. I have a good, sound knowledge of the area and have been visiting Thailand for the last seven years, usually for a minimum of two months at a time.

It seems to be who you know and an added element of luck wont go a miss.

Cheers

Dan

cambodia is a lot easier due to the backwardness of the place. there are a lot of highly qualified thais around who would work for a lot less than you would be willing to accept.

unemployment in thailand is huge, a potential employer would have to go through all the burocracy of getting you a workpermit.

you should say:

it is about who you know, your skills, the way how you can work in this environment, about excelling at a job nobody else can do, endurance, patience and a whole lot of good luck.

there are lots of people who have a better knowledge of the area than you, maybe the same skills in your job, fluency in the language and are still working as english teachers.

don't expect much.

Archived