Rugby League - State of Origin 3 result

gobbledonk

Fred,

He's a forward, man - no brain, no pain smile.gif

I actually saw Webke grimace after a tackle. Shortly after, he barged over for the try that probably put Queensland back in the game psychologically. They called Lazo 'The Brick' : interesting that no-one seems to have tried to come up with a nickname for Webke. I admire the way guys like him and Lockyer let their play do the talking - Tallis is a big kid, IMHO, and needs to grow up.

Art,

I think Webke and Lockyer come from the Bennett School of Media relations......give em nothing and take them nowwhere. I think the silliest thing anyone can do is to make a forward cranky in the lead up to a match. Like the commentar said he ran over the fullback like a semi over a roo. I do like the drawn games though.

Guys,

Being a banana bender I was chuffed with the result, seeing my 62 year old dad dancing around the living room was worth it. I thought it was a gritty performance, the likes of which we are renowned for. Gould's bunch of over-rated powder puffs proved once again that they have no ticker against a Qld side who are worth peanuts, on paper at least. Quite a few worries for the future though, as Bennett's "dad's army" is due for a few retirements. First, although Berrigan is good on the ball, his lack of a passing game meakes him seem one dimensional. Gee is looking worse for ware and should give it away, I'm sure Bennett pics him on the better-the-devil-you-know principle. Lockyer will never get the chance to express himself from fullback and it's time Bennet bit the bullet to allow him a run at five-eighth as our halfback stocks diminish. The new boy, Tate, looks a good prospect and as usual, forwards like Tallis, Price and Webke ran rampant to set a good platform. Last but not least, when will we get to see the awesome Tookey let loose against the blues, his form for the warriors has been outstanding this year. I am anticipating seeing him and Webcke go head to head this Weekend.

Cheers

Jaga

artiew,

I think they are improving, season upon season, but doubt whether they have the experience to do it this year, I still reckon they`ll go one short. I'm tipping my beloved broncos to pip the doggies in september.

Cheers

Jaga

oops, look like I might have made a bit of a cvnt of myself after yesterday's well deserved win to the Warriors, 26-16. However, I still maintain they'll be a bit green come the business end of the season.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived