A other hotel instead of the Royal Asia Lodge

Falang

Any of you have a good suggestion for a replacement to the Royal Asia Lodge. I use to go there because of the location, the price and the guest policy but at my last trip I found out that the Royal is letting the place go down they don't care to maintain the hotel so it's running down at a fast pace. I am looking for a hotel in the Sukhumwit area who is not run down, who have a nice pool and in the price range of the Royal and a policy that allow guest. A peaceful location like the Royal Asia is a ++.

You could try the Goggle search engine, type in "Serviced Apartments Soi 8 Bangkok" and look for links to other places nearby - if you want a place to stay for a month or longer, or you could consider the Royal Asia Paradise next door to the RAL but this is probably where the owners are hoping people upgrade to - it is quite good but a tad expensive at circa 1700 bht. Other than that, there are other fine and reasonable alternatives nearby posted recently in recent threads and these look like a decent deal.

The Stable Lodge on Soi 8 should fill the bill. Quiet location, but much closer to Sukumvit. Also, the Promenade Hotel also on Soi 8. Check the room before you check in as they may leave something to be desired, especially at the Promenade. Both hotels have pools.

My travelling buddy recently stayed at the Promenade (see RAL air-conditioning not working in TWO rooms) whilst I was fortunate again at RAL - I often wondered about the Promenade going past it so often, so I took a look - a bit bloody dismal if you ask me and if not a lower rung than the RAL in standard, well at big sideways step - and they wanted 1000 bht walk-in for the pleasure against 890 bht RAL internet booking.

Archived