Nigth Life in Ubon

vinod

I need to go Ubon (next week) to meet my friends wife and will be spending 2 days. I would appreciate any information about the night life and the guest friendly hotels in the range of USD 50 to 75. Thanks

vinod

best in Ubon for hotels is the nevada hotel, around 1000 bahts+, but i much prefer nevada Inn, across the parking lot, left inside of the movie plex. 650 will get you a huge super modern room, 550 a notch less big (no problem with guests). for my money and i've been around in LOS, the best quality/price in the country.

Nevada hotel has a disco, 2 years ago, it was the place for all students and youth to go. You may not be the only farang among a 1000 thai kids but that's pretty close. The after hours scene was great, still 6 am easy, but i fear the crackdown has changed all that. There is also a disco, that used to be prime at the Pathumrat hotel, and another corner in town is the place with cafes and patios to see and be seen. If i remember, the disco/club adjacent to it is called Hollywood. there's a thai hang-out nightclub called nikko, with live mo lam band and "available" dancers, but it was not rocking as before, the last time i went there.

I like hanging out in Ubon, it's my little Issan garden outside of Pattaya, and if you have transportation, it would be fun to go sight-seeing in the region. Khao Prah viharn, a khmer temple with an incredible 180 degrees view on the cambodian plain below is worth the 100 kms ride. Maybe you are going at the time of the wax sculpture/candle festival and parade, usually in july. I envy you...

Archived