Buying A house or condo in Thailand

BKKNUT

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty hairy stuff. In the members area there is an article about the matter.

If you don't want to pay, search around the board there's been several threads about that.

A quick hint: as a non-Thai national, you are not entitled to own piece of land for a house.

You can own a condo but there are also some restrictions and things to be careful of...still possible.

Happy searching....

I have owned a condo in Pattaya for 3 years now. No problems at all. My name is on the title deed. Slap bang on the beach, lovely views, beautiful swimming pool, gym, sauna, excellent security, v friendly staff. 7,700 baht total annual maintenace fee. Crumpet 150m from my front door. I couldn't be happier.

My purchase was painless, honest and feeless via the manager running the condotel. But consult a lawyer if you wish to resolve any worries you may have.

You must get a TT3 form from your Thai bank to prove that you have imported the money specifically to purchase the property and not from any money earned or laundered in Thailand. You'll need the TT3 to repatriate your funds should you come to sell later.

Rent first, do your homework, remember location location, noise etc. Talk to other punters especially ones who already live in the complex.

Good luck, mate. Join the party.

if you buy a house, and i think it is easier done in Pattaya than elsewhere, beacuse so many farangs own one, you will have to go thru an agency, so make sure it' s legit. Condos are a lot easier, and Robaus adressed the question. i bought mine with very little hassle. depending where you want to be, it can start at just below 400 000 b, already furbished.

• 2 weeks later...

Good info. Do you or anyone else have an email address of good agency for a Phuket or BKK condo purchase. I'll gladly state who gave me the referrel so you can get a finders fee.

Cheers!

Beware. Almost no resale possibility.

Beware. Low maintenance costs = no maintenance.

Beware. Condo control - who has it?

Beware. Rental units - not paying fees.

Beware. Resale units - not paying fees.

Beware. Garden becomes parking area.

Beware. Pool becomes algae marsh.

Beware. Community room becomes 7-11.

Beware. Parking becomes owners new business office.

Beware. Land was never owned by seller - you lose.

Beware. Building falls down in 5 years - you lose again.

Beware. Builder family retains control - pockets fees.

Beware. All of the above and 100 others. Be careful!

I bought a condo in Nonthaburi last summer. No problems as we bought it from my wife's cousins friend. We got a great deal on the place and will be there in a few weeks to start furnishing it. The place is about 5 years old but very well maintained.

Archived