thai TV: what you hate and like

pattaya127

Bugs me: soaps with their neurotic, hysterical, always close to nervous Bdown, fairer-than-white (wai-ter shade of PAL?) representation of females and the also-white, pondered, in charge, males. I know that they have a few soaps from the country side of things, but my GF always laughs when she sees them, not sure it portrays issanites as real chatacters, just stereotypes.

bugs me even more: politicians surrounded by panoplies of microphones and tape recorders, as if they had anything to say, or having something to say, would let the media in on it. I just see it as perpetuating the idea that people in suits and uniforms on TV are the only ones worth talking in the whole kingdom. Some things never change.....

Love: i am a big sucker for the News section (6pm, 7pm?) about royals touring the country, giving out diplomas, traveling abroad, etc... Even less is said, but i am just mesmerized by the protocolary activities. Of note, HM the king is often seen more smiling when addressing farangs than thais. Could he share the same feeling as me about thai in suits and uniforms? LOL (well, smiling...)

After just arriving in Thailand, I love to switch on the TV in my hotel room, chill out for a few minutes, have a cigarette and watch some Thai boxing. Makes me feel that I have arrived.

>Could he share the same feeling as me about thai in suits and uniforms? LOL (well, smiling...) <

very possibly, listening to his speaches adressing those people is always very refreshing.

apart from that you should watch sometimes channel 11, lots of documentaries, and ITV.

and anyhow, TV in general sucks everywhere.

when i go to europe i see that we have 1001 channels now, and nothing worth watching. boring movies, stupid gameshows, silly sitcoms from america...

a waste of time.

when we only had a few channels there was always something good to watch.

TV in general sucks everywhere

---------------------------------------

save PBS, i loathe american TV. But when i visit France, i actually am proud there is still so much cultural stuff on it, albeit later at night, which fits me. 2 or 3 travel cable channels, 2 classical music ones, etc..., and where else can you arrive fromthe USA, and that very first night, one cable devoting the entire broadcasting night to the Velvet Underground , and Nico. Docus and concerts. Try that in US!

I was facinated when i first saw the guy on one of those comedy/gameshow thingys whos face is all squashed up and only has a few wisps of hair.I felt compelled to change channel especially when eating as the sight of him made me feel uneasy.Now i know this is cruel but its how i felt at the time.Seemed to be one of the few exceptions to the pretty people T.V. rule(except for fat blokes in dresses and dodgy make-up).I bet he's f**kin loaded and married to a stunner though!

Archived