Puket in christmas

I’m planning a trip to puket next christmas holidays

I’ll be with a male friend, both 33 yo, looking for relax (some tanning, some golf, and some action, of course… wink.gif" border="0

I’ve been in puket 12 years ago, and in bkk and pattaya last year, always in low season, so I feel like a newbie in this circumstance, and have a lot of questions:

Is Patong still mandatory, or are there other beaches worth consideration??? Kata? Karon? (I plan to rent a bike)

I’ve seen extremely high room rates (about 4-5 times pattaya low season prices I was used to); any suggestion for a moderately priced guest friendly hotel or serviced apartment? I’d prefer low raise, with garden and pool, not necessarily within walking distance to the action, but good value for money (budget 2000-2500 bath per room per night)

Are high prices just for accomodation, or should I expect everything to be overpriced? What about meals, bikes, taxis, bars and, most important, going rates? I usually target freelancers, last year in pattaya 1000 bath was more than enough for a good looking one (LT, of course), but I’m not sure that will be the case this time…

Also, are there more girls in peak season, or is it going to be a hard work (or a big investment) to get a good looking one?

Last, I’m a beginner golfer, I’d like some practice, some lessons, maybe playing a few holes for the first time… any suggestion?

I apologize if the subjects have already been covered, but it seems I can’t get the search function to work…

Thanks for you help

quote:

Originally posted by pippo:

I’ve seen extremely high room rates (about 4-5 times pattaya low season prices I was used to); any suggestion for a moderately priced guest friendly hotel or serviced apartment?

Try the Comfort Inn in Patong, opposite the Holiday Inn. Nice pool and garden, standard rooms last time i was there about a month ago, they were charging 1500 THB per night inc. breakfast. This is the price if you walk in off the street, I heard some people saying they booked it from an agent and paid nearly double!!

I'd recommend the Neptuna in Patong for hotel. I stayed there a few weeks ago for 1600 baht and found it a better choice than more well known 2500 baht places I have been to before like the Tropica. Neptuna is quiet, guest friendly (no extra charge), next to a huge row of outdoor seafood places, short walk to the bars, and maybe 200 meters to the beach. It is 2 stories with a tropical garden path. I found Neptuna one of those hard to find places that gives the right amount of luxury (not too much, not too little) at a good price. I have no connection with the place other than a good stay; of course the company I kept helped with that too.

Thara Patong - rooms from approx 1700Bt, good location, new wing (more expensive) if it takes your fancy.

Re: Golf. Closest to Patong is Phuket Country Club, green fee (non-member) around 2100Bt, you can get lessons there - really nice course. Next closest is Loch Palm, also nice, don't know about lessons. golf on Phuket is not cheap unless you are (or know) a member, it's set up for tourists

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: follies ]

thanks for your replies, but i made some research, and got the strong impression that in puket everyting cost twice, so i'm now considering going to pattaya again.

thankyou anyway

P.S. of course the way to get the best deal on a room (except, maybe, for the bigger hotels) is walking in from the street, as long as you show without your bags :-)

Archived