The Floating Restaurant

Hi,

My first trip to BKK 10 years ago (non-punter then), I was taken out to dinner to a place my hosts called 'the floating restaurant'. I remember driving quite a way, and the restaurant seemed a little out in the boonie's. A long driveway, lit up with twinkle lights. The restaurant itself had 1,000's of lights all over. I think was seafood oriented, and seem to remember that you could 'catch your own', as I also remember lots of water around. An upscale place, expensive by Thai standards.

This was my first night there, so was jet-lagged, and quite a lot to drink before going there. Anyone know what this place might be named? I'd like to go there my next trip, if it's still there. Very romantic place to take my yet-to-be-known favorite this trip (or maybe a past known favorite, who knows?). My hosts were expat's in the hotel development business, and had not been there long, so I would think it to be a relatively well-known place, frequented by expat's, and not just Thai's.

Thanks.

HT

Thanks COSS,

This place was not on the Chao Phaya river. More of a location like when you drive up to the 'Teak Mansion'. Kind of just 'out there'. I will check this place out though. Thanks again.

HT

(gives me an idea for a new thread)

Archived