Trip Report - Sa - Part 1

BiaChang

Hello, my name is Sa, and I am from Thailand Khon Kaen province. I come Australia to visit my new boyfriend. My boyfriend tell me call him Bia Chang here, that OK?

I travel Thursday 4 July and Bia Chang meet me at airport in Australia, but he not see me when I walk past him, so I wait. He look and look at more people come from airplanes, but I am here. I think this funny for me very much. Before I come Australia, I have my hair cut short, so maybe he not know me. I stand and wait for him look at me, I know sure he will, he look at me when I walk past him.

He look at me and I wave at him, very funny, very funny. He walk to me and look, I ask him why he forget me. I tell him he bad man to forget me so soon! But he is so happy to see me, and now night time, we have to go home. Long time wait train, long time sit in car, get home, and Bia Chang want sleep. After I go hong nam, I go bedroom, and he make noise when he sleep so I wake him. Only 21:00, why you sleep? He is not happy, but after little wait, he get camera and want to take photo of me. Funny camera. No film. OK, make him happy, let him play with mystery-toy camera. So after that we sleep. Cold outside but bed is warm, another mystery about Australia.

Friday Bia Chang has work to do, he takes me with him to show me what he does. Talks to me about house and when we get to his work, he meet 3 other man and 1 woman, they give paper to others and Bia Chang goes home with 5 cheques, big money! 1 cheque for $155,000 and some smaller ones. Funny, Bia Chang work office, but work out of office too. I don't understand, but if big money, no matter where he work. Wow.

Bia Chang tell me money not all belong him, belong to ?? - I don't understand, but he say have commission. Afternoon, he take me to meet friend him, man have bad arm, and wife very big. I never see woman that big before, not tall. They have daughter, she have nom yai, I never see so big before, she have picture on her back too, not wash off. Then we go visit other people, man who marry lady Thai. Another man visit too, have marry lady Thai and have baby. While Bia Chang and 2 other man in other room, other Thai ladies tell me about what Bia Chang Thai wife did before. Not good. Then we go home and eat some more.

Saturday, we go supermarket and buy fruit for me. In Australia, have fruit very much, not same fruit as in Thailand, but fruit we can not have Thailand. Have grapes and strawberries, cherries, apples, passionfruit - Bia Chang say that his favourite - tamarillo, many other. In Thailand som, in Australia orange, not same-same. Have like som, name mandarin. Bia Chang find some Thai fruit for me, som-o and farung (pomelo and guava), but not have in supermarket. So I cook big meal for Bia Chang, and we eat.

Sunday, Bia Chang take me, show me little of Australia. We climb mountain, can see expressway from Sydney, can see long way, across city, and to the ocean easy. We go another place, see jin-joh (kangaroo), and other jin-joh that Bia Chang say not jin-joh (wallabies). See jin-joh with baby in front pocket. Look funny, 1 body 2 heads eat grass same time. Later we see big animal, colour black and white. This where milk come from say Bia Chang, and sure, animal have nom yai very big. Bia Chang say "kow", but I see no rice. He show me how to squeeze nom and man ask me to try, so I do what Bia Chang show me, and milk fly into bucket. Man talk to me but I not understand. Bia Chang tell me that man surprised that I can do for milk. OK, we go home, clean and tidy house, and get some DVD. Nice night watching ALIEN and Godzilla. Have some other movies too, but went to bed early again.

Monday, Bia Chang wake early, sit at his computer long time. He say he write story, so I go back to bed. Maybe he love computer too? Later, I ask about story, and he tell me he write for internet, for people to read. He say he read story from other people write, say always interesting. I ask if can I write, and we talk very much about that. Bia Chang want to know what I write, I want to know what other people write. He say they write about their travels, so I want to write about mine, OK?? He say OK, but go work now. More big cheques, but this time he come back with papers and small cheques. Maybe bad customer? Mai bpen rai. Bia Chang take more photos. I ask Bia Chang if photos can go on intenet too, he say yes. I say is OK, but only photos I like, he say OK.

Tuesday, do work and have Thai lunch. Good food. Go home and I try to write, but very slow. So Bia Chang write as I talk him. Finish now, I go cook food.

This is your scribe, BiaChang. The above is from my visitor, and puts a different slant on trip reports. I have cleaned the text up as best I can without changing the flavour of Sa's narrative. I have asked Sa if she wants to write more in a few days time (I am a glutton for punishment, I guess), and she says if people read and like this installment, yes. So she wants feedback. She is here until 18th July.

Her pics are at http://au.photos.yahoo.com/biachang in the My Photos => Sa directory

Anyone brave enough to try to guess her age? BTW, "Sa" is not her real name

BiaChang

Archived