Bus to the airport from Pattaya

Phantom

I know that Thai have coaches leaving Pattaya and going direct to the airport but their schedules aren't all that flash.

Does the bus terminal at Pattaya have buses running direct to the airport on a regular basis or do I have to go to Ekami and taxi to airport.

p.s I don't want to go on no stinkin' mini van.

Please don't take that bus, it's crap.

I went to the Pattaya bus station to take that bus, they went back into town to pick up people at a hotel (a sheduled bus stop, forgot the name of the hotel) from there they bring you to a place at the end of the highway by making a U-turn just before you reach the city, then they transfer people into minibusses, one to the airport, others to Bangkok hotels. It was a crazy drive, the driver answerring phonecalls on his mobile whilst driving at 120km/h on the city highway.

It was a very slow and horrendeous trip.

Better take a bus to Mochit and a taxi from there, fare should be around 100 baht for taxi. Don't take the bus to Ekkamai and the Airport bus from there, costs also 100 baht and it takes 1 h or more on Sukhumvit to get to the Vipavadi-Rangsit highway.

I think the Thai coaches run only 3 times a day

Hi!

There used to also be three direct airportbuses every day. The last one leaving 17:00 if I recall correctly. As far as I know they are still there but I haven't been to the bus station this year. If the departure time fits with these buses they would save you the taxi from Moorchit and probably also some time.

regards

ALHOLk

Archived