Vietnam advice

I need some advice...

I will be taking my Korean girl-friend to Vietnam for a vacation at the end of August.

We would like to go to a reasonably priced (under US$100/night) beach area resort.

Can anyone reccomend a specific place? or a source for good information on line?

thanks!

PB

Thanks! I do realize this is primairly a Thailand forum! But i think/hope that some fellow sanukers have some advice/experience they can share with me as well!

best-

PB

Vung Tau is close to Ho Chi Minhville. Take the hydrofoil down the Saigon river for 10 bucks. Not much going on there.

Further up country Nha Trang has loads of western hotels, restaurants and a fairly long beach with bars just on it for an easy scoop. Haven't been there for a few years but they used to have Mama Han's Green Hat trip where you could go on a boat trip to eat, snorkel, get pissed/stoned for a few bucks. There was a cool little outdoor bar, the Zippo, where a few taxi girls used to hang out.

Further north towards Hue you've got Hoi an. Great little town with a street of really cheap tailor shops. Girls like clothes. She'll be in textile heaven. Plus just outside town you've got quite a nice clean beach backed by woods. Also had some real pain in the ass beach vendors.

Oh yeah, up the reds!

Try the Ana Mandara Resort in Nha Trang. Beach front. Great place. Lots of Americans, Europeans, and Japanese. Eat out - the food and drink are expensive here. I got if for $95 a night through a travel agent. But their website shows prices of US$200+. There are lots of cheaper places in town if you can't get a deal.

You do know that August is hotter than hell in Nha Trang? Over 100 F and humid. If it were me, I would go further north to Hanoi and Halong Bay. Otherwise, demand air con.

Thanks to everyone for the advice...

I think we will enjoy a few days in DaLat at the TreeHouse then head over to Nha Trang for a few more days!

even though it will be wicked hot we can still enjoy some sanuk in the AC!

cheers!

Philbob

• 4 weeks later...

Archived