Network backup in Windows 98

Brink15

Being mostly a Novell and NT person, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to peer to peer workgroups.

Does anyone know of any "relatively" easy ways to set up a network wide backup with a windows 98 workgroup? I'm assuming I'll need a 3rd party app. Unless MS came up with an add-on.

The backups will be done using a CD-RW, they already have the backup software for single computer use.

Tried Microsoft's site but they are closing out support for Win98. Everything is in archives and my search pulled up all kinds of unrelated stuff.

Am working on getting them to upgrade to a client-server network. Then I can actually answer their questions the same day they're asked. smile.gif

Check veritas.com; they specialize in these type products. They have several products that will do the job, but I think net backup is the coolest from the end user perspective. Backup happens automatically without any interaction from the end user and restore is simple--go into explorer to the backup drive and drag & drop desired files to retrieve them.

Ah, the waters get muddier.

Veritas no longer direct markets a solution for PTP networks.

They have outsourced their "Backup my PC" product to Stomp Inc.

I'm looking at this and also Nova Backup.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Archived