Thai superstition about having another baby

Pescator

I often wonder why the first reaction of women is to scream when they see a snake and men to kill it; even if it is minding its own business outdoors. Maybe some psychological thing due to the story of adam and eve. Wonder if the old rhyme applies to thailand--look at 2 adjacent bands and:

red & black, friend of jack (harmless scarlet king snake)

red & yellow, kill a fellow (very poisonous coral snake)

Actually, ER, you're wrong.

As re the krait, my roommate and I neither screamed nor killed it.

As I had been diving with its aquarian cousins hundreds of times before, I knew it would not hurt me.

But if you promise to play nice, I'll let you pet it. smile.gif

not really. i am very sceptical (still am) about those things. what can i say, it worked. i have no idea how, but that bloody rib straight away stopped moving around.

i had an uncle in germany who also was a healer. strange guy. when i was a child he healed my brother from a bad fever after stroking him for 30 minutes.

when i had my first thai tattoo done they tested it by trying to slash me unexpectatly, it hurt like hell, felt as if i am cut apart, nearly gave me an heart attack, but the skin was not hurt.

there are just a few things i will most likely never understand how and why, but i just have to accept them as they are.

whenever my missus dreams of her dead mother telling her some number combination she goes and buys a lottery ticket. i stopped taking the piss when i realised that more than half the time she actually does win.

>there are just a few things i will most likely never understand how and why, but i just have to accept them as they are.

Right. There is probably more between Heaven and Earth than we mere mortals can understand.

And I would like to add to that that I am not as sceptical as I was before coming to Thailand.

Something about this country/religion/people/culture that is given me an open mind to these things.

Hua Nguu

Archived