Submissive or subservient ?

Goodthaigirl

Submissive or subservient, what's the different between the two?

I got this message below from one of Pattaya127 posts somewhere I don't remember, sorry. When I read that I'm confused of what the two words means. Any similarity and differrences?

maybe she meant there was too many women employed to serve men, at home and at night. She meant subservient, then. Submissive would only be used if one really knows the women one talks about, as it is a very strong statement. Subservient may be used by reading a few gender stats about the country, economic, touristic, etc... and a couple books about prostitution or social roles. As it is, submissive was a poorly chosen word, indeed. can she be that famous and so ignorant and clumsy?

When I looked up in the dic, the words have similar meanings. Maybe when used their context are differrent?

Anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

GTG

In P127's context, I believe, the difference is as follows:

Submissive is a personality characteristic rather than circumstance. Meaning, women submit to the wishes of men regardless of whether they are forced to (because of poverty, etc.).

P127 uses subservient as a sociological category, ie. are most women employed as maid, servants, etc. At least in theory, their occupation implies nothing about whether they are submissive.

Of course, subservient ican also used as a personality characteristic, in which case the meaning is similar to, albeit much stronger than, submissive.

Archived