cuba/costa rica - the farewell trip part 3

sfcfan

bar and restaurant in riviera empty, so i took a walk across the street to hotel melia cohiba (one of the better hotels in town). few tourists in the bar,no girls but still kinda early so i thought id have a few beers . the local beer is cristal, and to be honest, its pretty good.cost anywhere from $1 -$5 depending on where you are drinking, but always cheaper than imported beers (the commercial says that 85% of cubans prefer to drink cristal over imported beers because of taste - absolutely nothing to do with price - honest) after a few mins this 30 something blonde came and sat by me. she was from chicago, introduced herself and asked me what part of australia i was from ( i get asked that a lot- dunno why).anyway, gave my usual reply- southampton,about 60 miles south of london,on the english channel.dont think she understood my sarcasm as she continued talking as if nothing

was wrong.

drank a few more beers while listening to her life story and then paid my bar tab so i could move on to somewhere a little more lively. i was horrified when she asked to come along, but didnt have the balls to say no. we took a short walk to a new bar called jazz cafe opposite the cohiba.no cover to get in, great decor,beer prices very good (about $1.50),but more

importantly the place had more than its share of lookers. i seemed to be getting the eye every direction i turned , only problem being barbie sat next to me.almost forgot to mention the music - outstanding. 8 piece jazz band, 7 of them women ,jamming to this unique cross between jazz and a afro carib beat. all in all, nice establishemt, well worth a second visit, and should be no problem for a single guy to walk away with a cutie in tow. by now the vodkas and sambukas had started to flow just a little to freely and i found my self in a taxi at 3 am , with barbie, going to a disco some guy had recommended to her (name of which i cant remember).$10 cover charge, and quite empty ,probably due to the time of night. all that remained were couples - i guess any working girls had long left as there were no single guys either.

by now i was absolutely smashed, and so was barbie.id given up on meeting someone and was more interested in getting to my bed.thought about trying something with barbie, but decided against it in case i couldnt get rid of her all week.headed home alone , but still a lot of fun even if i didnt get laid. definately fewer women on the streets and in the bars than i remember from my previous visits - but at least they are out there.

to be continued ....

>she was from chicago, introduced herself and asked me what part of australia i was from

I think that here in the US Austrailians are generally considered to be attractive people, and brits are generally considered stuffy and pale from lack of sunshine. I know calling a Brit an Assie is conidered an insult, but I think in this case you should consider it a compliment.

Archived