Problem viewing saved images

zanemay

I am starting to save some images while running Internet Explorer. When I do I am offered the choice of jpeg or bitmap. I usually use jpeg.

When I try to open saved jpeg files my computer starts Quicktime Picture Viewer. Some of the images open perfectly but most of them open a blank screen with the file name displayed. What is going on? I have 64 mb RAM.

Is bitmap better?

Thanks.

Zane

By "images" I assume you mean "photos." JPG is typically better for photos.

Try right-clicking on the file and selecting "Open With..." rather than "Open." Then select some other program you might have to open the file (IE, Photoshop, whatever). If you can see them OK with another program, then you can change the "file association" under "Open With..." by checking the box that says "Always use this program to open files of this type." Then THAT program will open the file, rather than Quicktime.

I use a Win Explorer replacement "power desk" that has a file viewer function...jpg, gif, tiff, doc, txt, ect.. view filkes without opening,, 100+ extensions in viewer.

the pantip version available dec 2001 would not work with win me.. works fine with win 98

download latest at: http://www.ontrack.com

the freebie does not have the built in viewer... the $29. full version is an excellant 'explorer' replacement.. reminds me of the old 'pc tools' or the 'norton navigator' with new features added.

Hi,

In the Win 98 Help files, look up associating file types with programs which will give you instructions on how to associate a particular file with a particular program. Look up JPEG Image in the list and associate it with the program you want eg IExplore.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

You must hold down the shift key before right-clicking in order to get Open with... in the menu.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

Archived