Flipper Lodge Pattaya

Dr. Cop

Anyone stayed at the Flipper Lodge in Pattaya, I have read the info about the place but has anyone stayed there and exactly where is it located, on the corner of 8th and Beach Dr? I am thinking about a Suite for 1500. I have booked into the Hard Rock on the 12,13,and 14th of August but now thinking that the Flipper may be better.. Anyone give me the Good and Bad about the place. Thanks...

Apples and oranges, Doc. Flipper lodge (Soi 8) and Flipper House (Soi 7) are good accommodations for the money and are in the middle of the action. The Hard Rock is more "resort" as you can see from the your booking tariff. I reckon so.

PR

Hi ,

I stayed at Flipper with my friends (3 Persons) in one room, I'm not sure about rate.it's many months ago. it's nice hotel even it's not big.. the staff is friendly. ..(and I have a guide license so I got a little discount.) sorry that I can't give you more details..

Regards,

Hi I stayed there in November 2001. The place is almost always fully booked. It's on Soi 8 about 100 yards from Beach Road nicely located in between the beer bars... I intended to stay there for about 10 days but left after one day. I had a cheapo twin bed room for about 720B at the time and I didn't like the hotel. Staff wasn't very nice, hotel (old wing) is run down, roooms are very basic/bare and too many english hooligan types staying there at the time for my taste blush.gif

Since you have a much more expensive room I expect you to stay in the new wing (seaview) and have a better experience than I had...

I went across the street to the Eastinny Inn and was satisfied with the hotel.

Dr. Cop,

I have stayed at both and I just booked a room at the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. This will be the 4th time staying there. Yes the hotel is a little older, but I like the 'ocean view' rooms. I think the staff is excellent, and they have a good restaurant. I like the location because of all the beer bar action and being near Beach Rd. to get a baht bus to Walking Street. I got a rate of 770 baht on the internet.

Archived