How Many Ladies in the Farang Bar Scene

Raven

I have been following a thread on this board where several of the posters have been complaining that they have not been able to find a single bar girl worth bar fining. After getting over my utter astoundment at this view of the world, I began to think how many young (and older) ladies would have to be rejected for the punter to reach this sad predicament. I decided that I really don't have a clue. But I can take an educated guess.

The anglefire sanuk maps show 34 bars in SC, 33 bars in NEP (not counting Cassanova) and about 40 in Patpong. Some employ 100 or more girls, some employ 15 or 20, and a few might have even less. Say an average of 35. That's 3750.

Say another 300 - 500 at Soi 10, Asoke, and the various other bars scattered around. Add another 200 - 500 who primarily work Thermae, Soi 7, Angels and other Sukumvit freelance joints. Say 200 at Clinton Plaza (really have no idea here) and another 200 - 500 who work the higher class venues such as Rivas, CM2, and Ministry of Sound. (I know, overlap, but bear with me.) Add another 200 - 500 at places I have missed liked Washington Square and Soi Zero that are smaller and a little off the beaten track. The non SC/NEP/PP bars and discos add another 1100 - 2200 to the total.

Total of 4950 - 5950 +/- 1500. And that is not counting the MPs or the Thai scene. And its not counting Pattaya or Phuket or Koh Samui or anywhere else outside BKK

Ain't life grand??!!

I would think your figures are somewhat on the high side. Some smaller NEP and Cowboy bars surely do not have as many as 35 girls working in them. Even a slower bar like the Rififi in Patpong probably has not even two dozen, from what I've seen there. It is still a sizeable number though. Nevertheless, there are now so many more bars than in the past that bar owners complain of having a hard time finding dancers. Just look at some of the trolls you see working in bars these days, and you'll know they aren't exaggerating. Too many bars seem to have gone for quantity over quality. Maybe if you are drunk enough, you won't notice. But to me a bar with 50 pigs is simply a bar with 50 pigs.

Raven,

I couldn't specifically answer your question, but whilst researching the issue of the flesh trade in LOS I came across figures of anywhere from 500 000 to 1 000 000 women on the game. I am not sure how these figures are arrived at though. It seems that the falang sector is the smallest tip of the iceberg though.

Cheers

Jaga

You're also assuming that all of the girls are in the bar at the time that the punter is looking.

That's not true, for example, the best looking ones get taken out early. When (if) the return, the get picked up fast.

They also get taken on LT. Also might be out for other reasons.

The best are simply not there... (probably)

"Alright then, we've proved nothing... It all depends on how often Thai men go to whores and how busy the whores are. "

Yes, I have heard that in the nastier brothels women service up to 7 clients a day.

Cheeres

Jaga

I admit that my average number of 35 was just a rough guess. But I bet it's not too far off. Most of the smaller bars in SC, PP, and NEP will employ 15, 20 or 25. And there are a few bars that have a 100 or more girls on the payroll. So 35 is probably as good a guess as any. In fact, if pushed, I would say its more likely low than high.

The other comment was that the girls would not all be there at once - early bar fines, away on a multi-day LT, etc. True enough. But this will be a relatively small percentage of the total population, especially in early to mid evening. Assuming its 15% - roughly 1,000 girls, and further assuming that you wouldn't touch 50% of those who remain. That's still 1500 - 2500 ladies to select from. I know of few products or services on the market where you will get those kinds of choices on a daily basis.

Archived