How long to get 2 week US Visa

Pianoman

My GF and 2 of her friends are wanting to come to the U.S. on a Holiday/Vacation... None are Bar Girls, 2 own busineses and one is supported by Farang Boyfriend... One Friend has had a U.S. Visa and traveled to the U.S. about five years ago.. She will be paying for the other two's trip...

They are just getting ready to apply for the Visas, and are wanting to come mid Sept... Any chance that things can move that fast????

Pianoman

You apply one day and can pick up your visa (if granted) the next. Don't get your hopes up, though, about their applications being granted -- regardless of business ownership of support of farang boyfriend.

If granted it should not take more than a few days. First they must pay at a post office the fee (day one - unless procedure has recently changed - check web site). Next day arrive early in AM to fill out/submit application and supporting documents (might want to check web site for what is needed). Come back 3rd day for visa or receive word an interview is needed (most likely the latter). Come back for interview (4th day or later). If Consulate feels reason for travel is tourist and return to Thailand will occur a visa can then be issued. Believe Consulate will advise to allow two weeks for this process, although it probably will not take that long. As for the person being supported by Farong boyfriend see very little chance she will receive a visa unless the boyfriend lives in Thailand, unless there are other very strong reasons to suspect she will return at the end of her visit.

Also, for the ones with their "own businesses", don't expect the consular officer to be too impressed if that business is a beauty salon, clothing shop, small restaurant, or the like.

It recently took my gf's sister about a month. The consulate was so busy they just rescheduled her appointment again and again. She's a college student and eventually did get a 10-year tourist visa.

Khun Pad Thai

Thanks for all of the feedback and info... They will be going in to the Embassy either Friday or Monday (due to the Thai Holiday), and I will let you know how it goes...

Note, friend who is supported by Farang, he is in Bangkok on contract with major hotel chain, has been there for 2 years and has another 2 years on his current contract... He may or maynot be coming along on this trip...

I hope that it all goes thru because I am looking forward to showing them "Life of this side of the water"...

Pianoman

Archived