Patpong in early July 2002

I try to visit Patpong on every trip to be sure that I'm not missing out on anything. This time around I was encouraged by Sarisin's recent very positive 'teaser' on the public site. I must say that I was less than impressed by the bars he mentioned.

Safari - There seemed to be many expats, but what was supposed to be so special about the girls?

Cosmos - It has always seemed like a dark, overcrowded cave. At least the staff did not look impressive when I escaped the sudden 5pm rainshower into it. Maybe it gets better later in the evening, but then the place gives me acute claustrophobia already when I'm standing at the doorway.

KISS - I did not encounter anything special. I also got hijacked by dancers from the 'second shift' which seemed to have all the second rate girls. Once I realised that the ones who had been on the stage looked way better, they had already descended upon a group of Brits. Sigh - such a waste of ladydrinks.

The positive surprise was King's Corner. Earlier they seemed to specialize in displaying handsome katoeys among a backdrop of very average female dancers. This time around there were large numbers of young pretty females available, too. The one who especially caught my eye turned out to be quite uninhibited in the bar. She had no qualms about surprising me with some deep kissing, pulling my hands onto her tits and rubbing my crotch. All this despite our sitting in plain view of everybody else, including the people outside walking past the entrance... I could not help asking who long she had been working. She claimed one month - a fast learner, if that was the truth. Unfortunately a barfine was out of the question, which made her ardour to evaporate quite quickly.

Funnily enough, the next day she walked past just when I exited Cosmos after the rain had stopped. She said hello, but I positively did not recognise her; she looked a lot plainer without the make-up. Her friend with a very distinctive hairdo was much easier to associate with the girls I had seen on the stage the previous night.

However, I must say that the most stunning creature in King's Corner had to be a katoey. She looked more like a beauty queen from Latin America than a Thai girl. Clearly quite a bit of surgery and definitely post-op: she was doing basically a lap dance to rouse the interest of the guy who was sitting in front of me, and that included pulling her panties tight into her crack. She was definitely a sight to behold. (I hope nobody comes and ruins my day by telling that she was a real girl!)

Wagner

Archived