Anyone have a retirement visa?

gerry

Per the income requirement, " . . . A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht":

1. Does anyone know what document would constitute an 'income certificate'?

2. Can the minimum 65,000 baht be a pension rather than a salary, and does it have to be deposited in a Thai bank?

Dear Mr Over,

I think the pension issuer will supply a statement of benefits on request that will suffice as the income certificate.

Yes, the 65,000 baht is intended to be a pension rather than a salary and I don't think it has to be deposited in Thai bank. They just want to be sure that you have some source of funds to prove you can support yourself I think. I think someone on the board said that other sources of income (rent received for example) might also suffice. You might search the board in last 6 months and find some other things about retirement visas.

I would definitely check these and any other questions you have with Thai Immig. on Suan Plu for clarification/verification. They are usually very helpful and speak pretty good English.

"1. Does anyone know what document would constitute an 'income certificate'?

2. Can the minimum 65,000 baht be a pension rather than a salary, and does it have to be deposited in a Thai bank? "

In most cases when they say "certified" it just means you sign a copy; but in this case they want a notarized paper from you Consulate the first time I believe. And this is a retirement visa so the money is not expected to be a salary. Pension is what they expect. Do not believe they will need it deposited directly but the second year they will probably want to see evidence, (bankbook/atm receipts etc) that money has been coming in to pay your support. But this is only a guess on my part as you will have to ask immigration or get answer from those living in such a situation.

Archived