Battersea Park London

lasingmao

I went last year, it was OK but not worth going to London for (100 miles). Beer was cheap, food not bad but the entertainment was terrible. Some falang twat was organising it as if it were a scout jamboree, and he looked like a scout master too. Far too much classsical style dancing which I always find a big yawn, then a lot of english thugs gave a demo of mui thai, followed by a tone deaf band. The only good bit was when they tried to play bo rak si dam and loads of thai girls got on the stage to dance. Apart from one of the worst hangovers I have ever had that was about it, apart from the fortune teller who said i would get married last year, I want me money back-peter

LOL ! Isnt it amazing how often these 'cultural events' go horribly awry. Allowing someone from outside of the target community to organise the thing seems to be step one in the Fawlty Towers production of having a good time ...

Never fails to underwhelm me when I see local yokels donning the gear for the Lion Dance on Chinese New Year : practising Gung Fu is one thing, but the Lion Dance belongs to the Chinese.

Did the Thai food festival last year and enjoyed it, good crack having a bit of banter with the stall holders and ogling Thai ladies. Couldn't make it today. Quel dommage.

However, for others in the SFZ who love all flavours of Asian lady there's a free Filipino Festival next Saturday 3rd August. The location is in Rhyl North Wales at some events arena which is right on the seafront. Dunno what it'll be like as I think it's the first one. Going with a 48 year old Filipina hot wire who looks about 35 and her chums. Hopefully there'll be some cuties.

Archived