small claims court

the lovely thing about the courts here is that with the right connections, the right amount of money into the right hands and a good lawyer a case can be dragged out endlessly.

forget about it and learn your lesson is usually the best policy.

being fucked over is always humiliating and very aggrevating. but i have learned to laugh it off after a while. occupying the mind with those experiences hinders you in moving forward. firstly i just look at the success possibilities fighting things, if they are not clearly in my favour, or if the outcome would just not justify the effort i just forget about it. i only fight the battles i can win.

the last time i was fucked over big time was about 3000 pounds, for me a huge amount of money. but unfortunately there was just no way i could claim that back due to the british legal system being in favour of the banks, they got the first take on whatever is owed. so i just shook it off.

that, by the way, was an english company.

IF the problem is with a thai company or business ( high profile type) you may want to put the info on the net in a few thai related news groups. ( be sure to send an email to the company with links to the post)

expose them, if nothing else, it may keep others from being taken.

You may note, I put up a post aboout the gym workers ripping off loaned ( manditory) towels ( patmanuan princess) and then charging 500bt ( for a 90bt towel).

It got action, less than 24 hrs, brought about a refund, apology, and a major face loosing for them.m (and maybe some jobs lost)

I think some of the "thai minds" are just now getting the idea if they pull something, the word will spread via the net.

• 3 weeks later...

i hate contracts.

most of the time they are not worth the paper they are written on, and in case of a conflict it is gonna be way too expensive and tiring to go through the courts.

i prefer the good old handshake.

funny, most of the times i was ripped off i had a contract.

Archived