United sale

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sale ends Monday.

I just bought a tkt LAX-BKK-LAX for a total of $750 for travel August-Sept. The cheapest I have ever seen a UA BKK fare this year. The fare is also $765 out of LAS. TG is $674 out of LAX but I don't get 2x miles flying TG. CX one of my fav carriers wants $1100 but with the cheap UA fare I can't justify the extra money even though CX has better flight times. I love that 1:30am LAX departure and 16:30 BKK departure time.

Wow.. Overall those are really good fares for UA. I have two friends who are going UA on these fares. They bought last night in SMF.

Geez, that comes out to around US$0.04 to US$0.05 per mile. Cheeeeep!

--UPSer

I'm seriously contemplating doing this.... Fly back to US (via UPS) and then come right back to SIN on UA, stay overnight then come back to US and return to asia via UPS. I don't have the time to waste, but for the $$$ I'd take the miles... I'm a 1K flyer with UA (we use UA when we don't have jump space on our cargo flights) and could use the extra 35,000+ miles (with all bonuses added in)...

The only glitch is I think UA will require a Sat night stay and may even have a 3 day stay requirement. I only want to touch down and come right back.. For me it all about the miles baby!

--UPSer

How can I get your job?

Those SIN mileage runs can really make the diff between achieving 1k and 2p. I am 1k also, unfortunately out my own pocket. I usually split my miles between 2 carriers in order to maintain mid-level status on both. This year I have been caught in the Starallinace web. Oneworld has let me down, very price uncompetitive! I really don't like UA' SWU voucher system where you have to buy Q and above to upgrade (at least they have E+ seats). I think next year I will focus on AA, at least you can use the VIPOW on any fare code.

I called UA, in the past :30 and found out that there is only a overnight stay requirement. No Saturday night required. So, I booked myself from LAX-SIN v.v (the first weekend in Sept)

I'll go UPS from MNL to LAX (via ANC/ONT) then on UA to SIN to LAX then back to MNL on UPS (via ONT/TPE)...

Here comes the miles!!!!!! wooooooo

--UPSer

Good for you!

You can catch a nice nap and shower in the transit hotel before your next flight out in the morning. Unfortunately I don't think you can use an SWU on this fare which is too bad since it can make a difference between a decent flight and a great flight!.

Yeah too bad... SWU are only domestic. I think (at least I think I do) have one or two International SWU's that I got for some type of bonus... Gotta do digging in the FF desk drawer.

This may sound gross, but I kind of like flying commerical and in coach.. You get to see interesting people and sometimes get a coloful seatmate (I gotten a few dates this way) and you get a service (for what it is on US airlines these days).. Compared to cargo where it's 100% self-service, coach is a nice break!

--UPSer

This may sound gross, but I kind of like flying commerical and in coach..

my god ups....

I loathe coach. But I'm forced to take it because of it's affordability. Last time I took coach, I couldn't stand straight for a week. frown.gif Freaking seats were made for midgets, no leg room.

You get to see interesting people and sometimes get a coloful seatmate (I gotten a few dates this way) and you get a service (for what it is on US airlines these days)..

sigh...

I always end up with the wailing noisemaker with no bladder control. Or the incessant chatty nosey seatmate. WOE IS ME!

btw, JAL FF miles program sucks donkey nuts! #@$% damn them and their cheapo air fares! If I wasn't such a cheapskate, I woulda payed double the JAL fare for an EVA deluxe. I'm a tard...

Archived