Engrish

Hi, another good example of some Thai Engrish. I found this from the English version of the Bangkok Mass Transit Authorities' (BMTA) site.

==============================================================

BMTA arrange Culture Bus Operation.

On 11 August 2001, BMTA open Culture Bus Operation service to arouse and revive good culture of Thai and to arouse good conscious mind in building good culture on bus journey. Nevertheless, these all buses seat will reserve the rights to children, lady, older, handicapped, Buddhist monks and novice which the gentleman must sacrifice seat for these people who get on buses and no seat. Then, the conductor and the driver will say "Thank You" and "Sawatdee" to the user with polite and respectful manners.

Culture bus will run for service people in the route no. 16, 49, 74, 111, no. 8, no. 10, no. 19, and no. 80

===============================================================

My conscious mind is always aroused on my bus journeys, I don't know about yours..

..And not only the conductor, but the driver also will say 'thank you' and 'sawatdee'???? Wow, this must be some new novel idea. Most bus drivers I'm used to look like they had a shit-sandwich for lunch.

FF

Archived