Pasand

Long Gun

Finally gave in to the marketing skills of the bloke who gives out flyers all day/every day on Sukhumvit to entice people into Pasand for a quick feed. And I'm very pleased that I did!

The flyer gets you a welcome drink (orange!), some papadums and some pickles, BUT B149 (++ so about B180) gets you the set lunch which I would heartily recommend. Served in a thali/TV dinner style you get 2 veg dishes or 1 veg and 1 chicken, plus a nice daal, raita, rice, salad and an excellent Naan bread, plus a little rice/milk dessert (forget the name). I enjoyed every morsel and left totally bloated.

You also get an excellent view of the endless procession of beautiful women coming across the footbridge over Sukhumvit (the restaurant is on the end of Soi 12, above the Indian grocers). Worth a look!

LG

>Worth a look!

I can second that. I usually visit it once on each trip when I feel like having something else than Thai food.

Usually I have gone there for dinner, but last time around I tried the lunch special. The quality of the chicken that I got was not that great (lots of non-meat bits). The vegetable dish was excellent, so taking two of those might be more satisfactory. My biggest regret was that the tray was far too large for me... It felt such a waste not to eat it all.

If you like spicy food, you may want to confirm how hot your curry will be. The curry I had with my first dinner was tasty, but not as spicy as I expected. I asked about it and found that it was only 'medium spicy'.

There may be better Indian eateries on Sukhumvit Road, but Pasand is close to my usual hotel and I have had no reason to look for other options.

Wagner

Archived