Foreign Travel Multi-Plug Power Adapter

kpanther777765

I was planning on buying one of these for my next rip to Thailand. It is Rated 10A, 250VAC; 15A, 125VAC, will this work in Thailand??? They advertise that it works in many countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Asian Pacific. Any help on this would be gratly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone. Kevin

Hi!

I'm not sure if you are refering to a voltage converter or just a plug adaptor. The voltage in Thailand is 220-240 V 50 Hz same as in Europe. The wall outlets are mostly for the flat pin plugs that I think are the same as in north America. Most of them, at least in tourist places, will also accomodate the round pin pluges used in Europe.

10 A should be quite sufficient for any electrical appliance that you care to bring with you on a trip.

Adaptors and voltage converters are also easy to find and cheap in Thailand.

There has been other threads on this particular topic. Do a search and you might find more information.

regards

ALHOLK

Save your money. Almost every outlet in Thailand will accept a normal two flat pin plug and two round pin plug of the USA/Japan/Germany etc. Just remember the voltage will be 220v and the Hz will be 50Hz. So don't expect cheap goods (like electric clocks) that use the line Hz as a time standard to work right.

Archived