Customs?

I've never been to Bangkok and would like to know what to expect from customs. I'm planning to spending some time in MPs and plan to bring my own condoms, but I really don't want the business men I'm traveling with to see then. I know this is stupid, but it is a worry of mine.

quote:

Originally posted by cvb:

I've never been to Bangkok and would like to know what to expect from customs. I'm planning to spending some time in MPs and plan to bring my own condoms, but I really don't want the business men I'm traveling with to see then. I know this is stupid, but it is a worry of mine.

First... I've been to Bangkok at least 20 times in the last 6 years... total bags opened in all that time... 1.

(I had at least 3 BIG bags on that trip.}

Second... Any reputable MP will provide all the condoms you need ... no extra charge... Or you can easily buy them at any pharmacy, etc.

Third... Your business buddies are all probably in the same boat as you are...

So don't sweat it... BYOC or not... just bring lots of MONEY.

laugh.gif" border="0

And Be Smart.

BTW... I highly recommend The Plaza Entertainment Centre for a great time... Or for something a little different, the Eden Club.

Enjoy,

CS

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: CosmicSurfer ]

i,m sure your business friends will be thinking the same thing!! customs is never a problem at Bangkok and my luggage has never been checked,in any case just pack them in your suitcase.If you are planning some fun in the massage parlours they will supply you with condoms.Hope you have fun and who cares what your work colleages think.

cvb --

cosmicsurfer is very right... as a frequent traveller I can tell you that BKK customs uses the red/green channel concept and will rarely mess with you if you go thru the green channel... Being smartly dressed and having normal sized and normal quantity luggage will also help you speed out.. I usually see no more than one or two people being inspected per inbound flight..

As far as the discovery of your condom stash.. again cosmic has a great idea.. buy 'em there... all the major drug/pahrmacy stores carry all high quality ones... plus all the MP's will have some also...

Don't worry about Customs in BKK.. by comparision to the US, it's a snap

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Only time Thai customs will pay attention to youis if you are carrying in something like computer items in the original boxes. If things are out of sight (e.g. in your luggage), you will simly be waved through.

As to condoms, you may as well bring them from the US. You'll be sure of the quality that way. Thai condoms are overall quite good, but I'd be a little wary of MPs maybe using ones past their expiry date. better safe than sorry.

Flashermac--

On my last entry to Thailand I saw this thai guy (thai passport) leaving customs with FOUR new car tires (shrink wrapped).. I mean four full-sized car tires as his luggage.. Customs reaction? Not one word!

Proves that on a comparision basis, thai customs is fairly easy..

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived