Important Question

I am thinking of making the jump to moving to Thailand and taking a shot a teaching English, I have been to Thailand 5 times(total 180 days) I know pretty much what the deal is about trying to became a English teacher and all(been reading this board for over a year, and talked to quite a few really great guys who teach in Thailand). My question is, 8 years ago I had 2 DUI in the USA, and 2 bad check charges that were considered felonies(because the were over $500) is that going to affect me getting a teaching job in Thailand?? Its has been 8 years and that was the 1 and will be the last time I ever get into that sort of trouble. Any help would be really appreciated. Kevin

No travel restrictions, like I said it happened 8 years ago, and they only came back to bite me once in the USA and that was 7 years ago. Since then I have work pretty decent jobs and it has never came back on me since, but I know since Sept 11th here in the USA, they really are starting to check everyone even for the most minor of offences in their background checks. Well thanks for the response guys, and wish me luck , see you in LOS in about 8 months. Kevin

Archived