"Half the time..."

gawguy

Depends on how you want to explain this, but I would say in such a case:

Pokkatii Pom mah yoo muang Thai pramarn khrang le sam duan lae khrap pai yoo prathet (Bahn) pom sam duan muan khan, lae khap mah mai eek sam duan.

(Usually I stay in Thailand for about 3 months, afther which I stay in my own country for 3 month and will then return again for 3 months.

Another way is:

Took hok duan, pom tje yoo muang Thai sam duan tit khan lae yoo tang prathet sam duan tit khan muan khan.

(Every six months I stay in Thailand for 3 months continuously and abroad for the ame period of time).

Holy macro, orandanodes, it's good to have you posting in this section. I appreciate your full sentence examples as it helps me to think beyond sentence fragments in my broken Thai.

Another way to say it: pom ma yuu muang thai pii la hok duan. (¼ÃÃÃ’ÃÂÙèàÃ×çä·Â»ÕèÅÃË¡à´×ù) I come stay in Thailand six months per year.

• 2 weeks later...

How about " Pom yoo meuang thai sahm deuan lair glap bahn yoo tee nohn sahm deuan lair lang jahk nan pom ja glap mah yoo tee nee sahm deuan,pom tam bairp nee reuay reuay.Sorry its a bit long,but I think it gets the meaning across.

Weelaa is used to indicate time.

Your sentence says "half the time", but the confusion will be as to half of which period.

For a period as long as 6 months, weelaa is not the word to use.

It can be used for instance when you know that you have to wait for an hour, and almost half and hour has passed.

Archived