Tiger is human after all !

ultras67

Tiger is human after all.

It seems that he has now maintained a perfect record of not winning a major unless he has been leading or tied for the lead going into the final round. Sounds more like a mental problem for the others rather than a weakness for Tiger.

He probably will do it at some point but until he does I still think you cant compare him with Nicklaus / Palmer etc.

What is this BS about the "American Slam " there is no such thing !!!!!!!!

Why does the media ( especially the american one ) try and create / build things like that?!?

You're right, you can't compare him to Palmer/Nicklaus.

He's better than them.

This was the first major in which he wasn't leading after 2 rounds but was within striking distance.

And he almost won it on the final day! Birdied the last 4 holes to get within one.

Even though he doesn't play many tournaments, his track record is very good.

He's only 26! Accomplished a lot more than Palmer or Nicklaus did by 26. He hasn't peaked yet. Most pro golfers peak in their 30s.

<I still think you cant compare him with Nicklaus / Palmer etc. >

Different eras and technology but Tiger's on track to win more majors than Jack did.

<Ugh, cuz nobody gives a rodent's rump-roast about the BO anymore?>

Disagree with you there DB. Most pundits would rate THE Open higher that the US PGA Championship. David Duval certainly does at the moment, especially the way he's played ever since winning it last year. So would recent fellow American winners Justin Leonard, Mark O'meara, John Daly...

"You're right, you can't compare him to Palmer/Nicklaus.

He's better than them. "

If you were right I would agree with you - put Palmer & co into the modern arena with all the training and so on, they would show Tiger what its all about.

No one cares about The Open Championship anymore ? ( Note the correct title - its not the British Open. ) Triple BS, its one of the few tournaments where you have to think then play not just blast it 600 yards playing target golf. Why do so many players from around the world want to play in it and pick it as the ultimate championship rather than any other.

You can't really compare athletes of different eras, but you can't dispute Tiger's superior record, to date, either. It's a stupid argument and you and I know it. I suppose we've got nothing better to do;)

As someone said, Tiger made a great run for the PGA by birdying the last four holes. Who'dda thunk (septic sic) Rich Beem would have finished so strong? My money was on Justin Leonard, but there was little wind on Sunday (sigh).

Anyone who downplays the Open, or cannot appreciate links golf, is not a complete golfer, IMO. Fortunately, most worthwhile American players do respect the British Open.

Links are the ultimate, but it's really hard to find a Budweiser and a hotdog when the tenth tee is somewhere by the shore with no snack-shack in sight! And you ain't got a cart!

Seriously, links golf is the best :-)

Seriously, links golf is the best :-)

Gets my vote USVirgin!

I grew up playing on a links course in Sydney.

The second hole was this 137-meter postage stamp nightmare where I've hit everything from a pitching wedge to a three wood. The wind never makes for boring golf!

Archived