A day in bkk

Cactus bar appeared out of nowhere in SC (part of the Long Gun group), the neon makes the gals look a lot younger on the stage than close-up but friendly enough.

My Lady Bar converted into a snooker hall/mangda (cockroach/pimp) hang-out; not much change otherwise since I was there two weeks previously.

In Nana walked into Mandarin to find the farang mamasa (what, Portugese, well preserved fifty?) deep kissing some elderly Thai women in supplication mode, the Thai woman looking awfully like one of the Kings Grp mamasans who was sacked some months back (for talking a cut of the girls they had recruited earnings)!

I hurried up to the upper-level, not really wanting to give into the urge to throw up. Plenty of young gals on the glass dance floor, a deluge hitting me when they changed shifts. Three colas bought in supplication to the gods, which turned out to be three bottles of Bacardi Blasters (not, can't recall the name) at 150 baht a pop... yep, that was me eating my flesh in the corner.

Some kinda of VIP room with a one way mirror wall, out of which drunken louts emerged from time to time, pointing and shouting at one of the gals on the stage; sensibly, they ignored the uncouth idiots.. leaving the mamasan running around trying to strongarm other gals into the room.

Worse yet, one the gals informed me that half a dozen of the ladies had been recruited by a couple of pimps who had started out in the gay bars, tried and failed to make it as katoeys, and then went upcountry to recruit the gals.

Sure enough, there was a dubious looking character at the bottom of the stairs who whistled up his mates when I made a throwing up motion with my fingers in my mouth - only saved from a beating my one of sexily kimono clad ladies speed walking me out of the fracas.

Was told by one of the ladies that the bar was ultimately owned by the Hollywood Group which probably explains a lot given their penchance for shows with frogs at their centrepiece.

Depressed by that experience I headed over to Nana hotel disco where the doorman seemed to think a 100 baht tip was in order to get in but I sidestepped him when he went into servile grin mode as three scantily clad katoeys jostled in... one of those nights!

[Moderator's Note: Effing excellent! Paragraphs inserted by me for better readability. Not one word of the original has been changed. --DoxyBlue]

It actually got worse. Some Nana hotel disco babe decided to make me her play of the night and was halfway into drilling her heated body into mine when her boyfriend turned up. Some rather large bald headed farang chappie who was so far gone on the beer (and drugs?) that his vocal proficiency had been reduced to a series of gutteral grunts, backed up by much waving of fists and stamping of feet. Couldn't really figure out if he was angry at her or me so I thrust her back into his arms and left them to it. Lesson learnt, when you have a Pattaya cutie back at the hotel (even if she is in the middle of her period) don't go looking for extras!

Archived