my lanna girl

I had a relationship kinda just happen by chance on my first trip to Thailand with my parents after 50+ solo trips (been

living in Singapore for quite some time now). I was getting a haircut in Chiang Mai while the folks and sister were off on

an elephant ride and was interrogated by two thirtyish-something sisters who owned the shop. Between answering their questions, waiting for my hair to dye blue, and juggling for the local kids, they eventually told me they wanted me to meet their sister. As they were quite plain looking, I had no expectation and thought, "whatever!" but agreed. Why they would want their sister to meet a guy with blue hair and tattoos up and down the arms is beyond me.

A girl drives up in a truck and out walks a gorgeous 28 y/o whiteskinned part-Chinese part-Thai beauty and she succumbed to my request of showing me where I could find VCD's. Driving around, I find out she owns a boutique and does beautyparlor stuff as well as clothing design. She has an intense love for her family and works damn near 14 hours a day. She bought her truck with the money she earned. First time I'd come across anything like her.

Asked her out on a first date to a Chiang Mai dinner & Thai dance with my parents- it was splendid. The following day I hung out with her family- all entreprenuers (spelling error!) and moderately successful. We went to the ridiculously absurd (yet mildly entertaining!) monkey training center where her mom berated the doorman for trying to charge me the farang price. Bonus! No milking-for-money family! I met all the sisters and husbands and kids and parents. We had a great time.

By this point, I'm thoroughly impressed with this girl for all of the above mentioned reasons in addition to the fact that she's got the gentlest, kindest, open-hearted nature that I've ever come across. Now, I speak moderate Thai (a non-Isaan

flavor) and Mandarin, used to date a female marketing manager for JW Marriott and have been with a coupla hundred Thai girls (working, mostly) over the past few years. Why do I mention this--- ? I just want to impress that- while not by any stretch a "master of thai culture" - I'm not a babe in the woods to Thailand courtship psychology. Even with such experience, this girl seriously made an impression on me like none other. I'm not particularly enamored of Thai girls (they are fun--), prefer the family values of the Chinese (but not the Confucious mindset) and sex with lustful Indonesians. And the perversions of (non-overweight) farang women. I actually have no fetish or preference for Asian girls- although I appreciate the hedonistic opportunities in being an expat in Southeast Asia.

So - the last remaining question in my mind (or was it the first?!) was - how would the sex be? Right before leaving to Phuket on the next leg of the family trip, we're sitting in my hotel room and discussing the matter. I said something to the effect of a man wanting a proper lady in public and a whore in the bedroom. Right then she went down and convinced me thoroughly.

......well, 7 months later all my suspicions of her greatness as a human being have been confirmed. Her only "character flaw" per se is being a bit too sensitive. If I'd of made a checklist of all the qualities I'd want in a woman and all the things I wouldn't want in a woman, she adeptly and correctly meets the criteria. She's lying on my sofa wrapped in a towel right now in Singapore on a two week visit watching a movie. Haven't been this charged about life in years...

moral of the story and my opinion: if you have the time to invest, want something more than GFE's or ST experiences check out

the non-bg scene.

Actually, I was pretty happy with the BG scene and all the other sanuk scenes in SE Asia. But sometimes something intense

and compelling does just fall into your lap...

[reposting my story from another board in response to someone's question]

-OKTOBER

[ whitedevil ]

Archived