Mail Forwarding or ... ?

zanemay

Good question. I try to do what I can online to keep up on bank, utilities, credit card accts, etc. but other mail is difficult to figure out what to do with. I also prepay some things (utilities) in advance. I'll estimate what I may need to pay and overpay my account(s) so I have several months credit. I worry, however, about getting an important (or certified) letter (ie., jury duty, IRS, etc.) that I need to reply to in a limited number of days. As yet, I don't live in LOS but I'll follow this trend with interest. Cheers

All-

I know that (selected) MailBoxes Etcs offer a "bulk" forwarding service..

First you open, pay for and use a Private Mail Box at their facility. Then at pre-set intervals (weekly, bi-weekly, when full, etc) they will bundle up all your mail and send it out to you (you choose the shipping method)..

Most commonly used for part-time residents of a particular area.

My friend who lives and works in BKK does this for his mail (lives in Houston, TX) and has it set up for outgoing dispatch every 10 calendar days (or x3 month).. He pays US$2 for each shipment plus the actual mailing costs (he chooses UPS so that it gets to him in 3 days or less)

Works fine and he gets his stuff fairly quickly..

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

db_sed_aloha --

It looks like (by their website) that the Central Office offers the same exact service that I outlined earlier?

.. Cool!

I know there is a fairly big market for this. I met a guy who owns/operates several Mail Box Etc's in Northern California area and he specializes in this service for a Americans living (or retired) in Mexico (Guadalajara most notibly)..

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by joeyjojo:

Good question. I try to do what I can online to keep up on bank, utilities, credit card accts, etc. but other mail is difficult to figure out what to do with. I also prepay some things (utilities) in advance. I'll estimate what I may need to pay and overpay my account(s) so I have several months credit. I worry, however, about getting an important (or certified) letter (ie., jury duty, IRS, etc.) that I need to reply to in a limited number of days. As yet, I don't live in LOS but I'll follow this trend with interest. Cheers

Joey,

I have been at this awhile and I have the bill payment DOWN! I own a couple of rental properties so I get more bills than the average "Joe."

I use Status Factory (statusfactory.com) to pay almost all of my bills. They are well established now and the service works really well. $8.75 a month for up to 40 bills!

You change your billing address to their address in Nevada and they receive your bills. They scan them. You can authorize automatic payments, manual payments, or set up rules with each payee. Let us say you have a utility bill that is usually about $70 per month. You could set up a rule that says, "If the bill is less than $85 pay it automatically. If it is more, notify me by email and I can authorize a manual payment."

You can look at your scanned bills online if you have questions about them. I have used SFCOM for about two years now and it is a great service.

For bills that offer direct payment such as Kaiser Health Insurance, mortgages and other fixed amount bills, I use their direct payment option.

My bills are not a problem, but tax statements and other important items that you mentioned need to be forwarded. And, I must add, bulk mail is NOT to be forwarded.

Zane May

Archived