Is Stickmans outlook correct?

Since everyone is giving their opinion I guess I will give mine as a frequent visitor any not an expat.

1) The people. Stickman loves their smiling, happy, fun-loving, carefree approach to life.

[color:purple]

yeah the whole mai pen rai attitude is cool and it helps to deal with the stresses of everyday living. I do however see alot of pain in Thailand and the famous Thai smile just can't hide it.

color=purple>

2)The variety and freshness of the food

I love Thai food and that is enough for me,but to be quite honest you can get fresh food everywhere these days.

color=purple>

3) The ease of buying medicine, seeing a doctor, getting a car fixed etc.

That stuff is all easy I guess. I do see an abuse in the medication dept. I see way to many people taking antibiotics for ilnesse that require a litle sleep and ibuprofen. Self medication for the unknowledgeable is a dangerous thing.

color=purple>

4) Streets full of attractive, approachable girls.

Streets are full of attractive women. I usual don't meet the non-Bg in the street. I tend to meeet them in the stores, clubs and through introductions by friends.

color=purple>

5) Cheap transport, food, and accommodation.

Food is defenitely cheap. Tranportation is cheap as long as it is public.

Accomodation is cheap relative to you income I guess. Being dollar rich tends to distort my view of what is cheap in Thailand. I am sure that if I was living on a Thai wage then cheap would have a whole new meaning for me.

I have a great time in LOS due in part that I make US dollars and I am a foreigner whcih puts me in a different class than the average Thai. color=purple>

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly more than a year ago I posted about being scammed at the Pattaya bus station. You immidately reacted and said that I shouldn't post anything negative or at least post something positive with it.

--------------------------------------

I never told anyone to post anything. Most likely that scam led you to put down Pattaya whole, and i reacted to that, just as i react against anyone whose posts put down Thailand whole. Smeg has understood my point and made it clear he did not mean to put Thailand whole. My comments on his 5 points were pretty unconsequential, I am not even sure i forcefully debated any except the one on appt prices, and it was a reply to another poster. Good that you don't have any time to research because you would not find anything unbalanced from me, save that thai politicians are below Bgs on the human scale. And when i contradict someone, i usually bring facts and stories, not just my opinion. Last, Thailand is a 3rd world country, i would not dream of defending it as a political, social and economic entity. What i defend is the quality of the experience (ie. being in Thailand) i have over there.

P127: "Good that you don't have any time to research because you would not find anything unbalanced from me" [/i]

To paraphrapse another poster's maxim, One man's balance is another man's extreme. :-)

Casper hit that right on the spot but for one thing.

You don`t need to be an old fart to be called Hua Nguu, in that case you would be called Tao Hua Nguu. This is by the way also a handle used on this board.

Tao from the word Puu Tao which is familiar to anyone able to read thai characters. Meaning an old person.

Hua Nguu

Archived