Non-Im B -renewable w/out WP?

Bembaman

I have a single entry Non Im B about to run out but I no longer have the work permit. I have left one job but start another in the next couple of weeks which will not in the beginning at least have a WP, which i have now handed back to the Labour Dept. Can I extend/renew without the WP? I cannot remember whether I had to show the WP last time or not. Alternatively, I might be able to get a re-entry visa and do a visa run, again, do i need to show the WP to get the re-entry visa?

Perhaps it would be more sensible to play it by the book and do a run for a tourist visa. Opinions?

If i do the run I intend doing Aranyaprathet. Some questions here:

1. If I end up having to get a tourist visa, do they do the 60 day one there? If so how long to issue?

2. How do I get to Poipet? How much?

3. Where to stay?

4. Can I spend baht there?

5. Any sanuk on offer?

I did the search by the way but did not come up with much but i remember plenty of posts in the past about this. Anyone else have problems with this search function.

No, as of this year, you need to start the work permit before you get the visa, they both go hand in hand. Work permit is getting more difficult to get and they are asking for more things, like contract of the apt (if you changed in the last year) map of your place of employment etc.

I would tell your new employer your situation and they can settle it with only a few hickups.. I would not go and get a tourist visa as it will be more difficult to get another non-immig/WP.

In somecases you have to cancel your visa too within 7 days of leaving your job. I honestly forget but could find out for you within a few days if need be. But ask your new employer for advice

Archived