Alternatives to 'big brother mail'

I've been using outlook 2000 and outlook express now for a number of years and am getting a little jacked off with all the viruses i keep getting. most of which are written specifically to attack these two programs. Does anybody have any suggestions on alternative mail clients, as i'm trying to move away from 'planet microsoft' also. I've tried Eudora and Pegasus but didnt get on with them too well.

Consider having public and private e-mail addresses. Use something like yahoo for the public address, or I see that lycos.co.uk gives out free e-mail with pop forwarding. If your ISP gives you a shell account (many don't anymore) use telnet or ssh (windose users try putty) to read the mail on your isp first.

Other mail clients:

Eudora

Zoe

Mozilla/Netscape

consider some kind of filtering software, already talked about on other threads here.

AG

i've currently got six different email accounts, bit of a headache really. just started using the mozilla email client. i like the way it separates the mail accounts and directs messages into the account recieved on .... good stuff.

Archived