Thailand where to go for 2 month w/ wife?

Hi everybody!

After being to the Sanuk path a few times, this winter I am planning to come to LOS for a little bit more extended period (2 or 3 month) bringing my wife with me .... Please don't ask if I am crazy, I know what I am doing .....

Our plans are a week or two sightseeing, and then on to a nice Beach Aera for extended stay. We are looking for a place with some infrastructure, i.e. Restaurants, chances to meet up with other foreigners as well as Thai People (although we don't speak the Language), a place to Rest and do some work (my wife is a writer, and I do work in the computer / internet business). We will both bring our laptops, and we will need good working Internet connections.

We are looking for Suggestions to where to go, also where to stay.

Needed is: A nice place with good beaches. Not totally out of the way, but not a tourist trap either. An apartment or Condo at or very near the beach, with good electricity, good and cheap telephone and local internet connections (I remember in Bangkok I alsways payed a very small fee for local Internet Access at the Hotel no matter how long I use the line, whereas in Pattaya the Hotel I was in charged me 3 BT per Minute ... and we will probably use the net for 2 hours a day or so ....), a rather safe area. Sanuk is not our main concern on this trip, although I think my wife and I would not mind a threesome with a BG once in a while ....

Price is also of some concern, we do not want to spend more than 15000 or maybe 20000 BHT a month for rental.

Any ideas and recommendations anybody?

Sunny

Archived