Opportunity Cost

gobbledonk

The XE Currency Converter tells me that I could get 4250 baht for the $180 I just spent to obtain $HK 720. I know its cheaper when you get there, but Im a little anal about ariving in a country without some of the local currency. Giving the currency exchange their (exorbitant) cut, we'll call it 3800 baht.

I'm only in HK for a day and a half, but I'd like my $720 to take care of my meals, some sightseeing and the $100+ cab fare from the airport to my Kowloon Hotel. The cost of living in HK is the stuff of legends, so I've resigned myself to (sigh)another trip to the ATM before I depart for Nanning.

When I think of the fun 3800 baht would buy me in Bangkok over a 2 day period, its easy to see why so many people keep going back. No, it wouldnt get me hot and cold running women (based on recent reports), but I wouldnt be sitting in the hotel room watching crap TV, either smile.gif

That's how banks make money.(Pay for the ATM etc.)

Just stick you DC in the airport ATM and quit fretting. Doing anymore to get a better rate won't lower your stress rate.

You came here to get AWAY from that.......do it.

Sanuk dee mak.

Archived