Thai girls not allowed dildos, why?

Ashman

I was chatting to an American girl recently on the net.

The first reaction I got from her about Thailand was that Thai girls aren't allowed to own dildos.

Apparently this fact has been in Cosmopolitan and such magazines, and is common knowledge among certain birds in the west. I know there are no sex shops here in the land of smiles but as for Thai girls not bieng allowed penis shaped pieces of rubber??????

What's the problem?

........(Maybe I should of posted this in relationships)

i think you're all dildos

i think sometimes we all are ... (only joking)

butt seriously, this is definitely an urban myth ... i can say that with absolute certainty ...

hell ... personal experience aside, one visit to Eden will dispell this myth.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: tc4rob ]

I think that opposed to Urban-Myth its just the way that the news was presented. It is Ilegal to run a sex (paraphernalia)shop and so it will be illegal to sell all those things that one would associate with it.

Remember most of Thai society lives in a wholesome and pure closet with sex education being a very recent development.

Possibly there is no rule directly saying that it is illegal to posess dildos but maybe its illegal to sell them ? I dont doubt that they will be available on the black market anyways but I heard this Myth as much as 10 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually checked this out with my Customs Broker in Bangkok (for a business idea I had) and I was told emphatically that the Importation of Dildos into Thailand was NOT allowed.

I'm sure that they mean "in Quantity" for Commercial purposes ... So relax, I don't think anyone will get hassled bringing in one for "Personal" use in their luggage. laugh.gif" border="0

CS

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: CosmicSurfer ]

With the increased security at the airports, I don't think it would be such a good idea to bring any in ur carry on luggage. ( at least have the foresight to remove the batteries)

The way luck works, i bet when they hand search ur bag someone that knows you will be in the vacinity too.

Archived