New passport, how to get and what to do at BK Immi

limbo

Hi ya'all,

as my question states, if I pick up my new passport, how do I get to Immigration and how do I proceed once there. Is it just a formality? How much time will it roughly take and how much will it cost.

Thanks for your advise.

Cheers,

Limbo

I assume you are getting a replacement passport from your Consulate in Bangkok and will need visa transferred to your new passport? Or is it a replacement for a lost passport (in which case you need to make a police report first)?

In either case your Consulate should tell you where to take your new passport and give you a paper with a room number to report to. Have them write address in Thai and take a taxi. At entrance walk ahead to information desk and behind it is an elevator that will take you up to floor (room number) required. They seem to have a copy service next to elevator on my last visit so probably can get copies made of what you will need there. If not across the street there is a copy shop that knows what will be required. Go to room and sign paperwork if visa transfer. Normally will take only a few minutes. Don't know how long replacement passport paperwork would take but expect a little longer.

Don't recall there being any cost other than copy charges.

Archived