600 baht bar beer fine?!?

So I was on Nana street with a friend last weekend, we hit some go-gos. One Nana Plaza cutie hit up my friend to pay her 500B bar fine. He declined and we headed down to one of the street level beer bars around 1:30am. Just out of curiosity I asked how much the bar fine was. 600! My jaw just dropped. Are they out of their minds? OK, 500 or 600 hundred baht maybe for go-go girls. There are more lookers there for sure, and you get to see what your getting, and you're partly paying for the entertainment anyway. But 600 in a beer bar?!? Expecially when nana disco is across the street - NO bar fine. Does anybody ever barfine these girls?

WW,

It didn't really strike me until I read your post, but thinking about it I realize that on my last trip to LOS, I only paid one bar fine in BKK. And that was for a "gf" I had met on prior trip and wanted to be with again.

The rest of the time, I picked up freelancers in BG7, in Thermae, or one time literally on Suk. right in front of the Thermae. Not sure that I was consciously being cheap about not wanting to pay bar fines, but when they get up to 500 or 600 baht in a beer bar, freelancers are the way to go when you're on modest budget like me.

In Pattaya, on the other hand, I bar fined a number of girls. The 200-300 baht I was paying there seemed much more reasonable.

Big Kev

I am with you. I think, I paid one or two times a bf in Bkk in my life. I usually stick to freelancers-spots like bg7, thermae etc. too. In Pattaya, no problem paying THB 200 bar-fine.

my recent experiences of phuket.

rockhard go-go is now 600 BF,120 LD and 110 for singha.

only go-go to charge this much,all others 500 BF.

all beer bars i visited were 200 BF,but one was charging 130 for LD.

the rest were al;l around 60-80 for LD.

I know paying money to the bar to take a girl out seems a waste of money when there are just so many girls.

But these girls actualy do work for the bar they clock on and off and get paid a wage, OK its only 3000-4000 baht a month but thats not far off an average wage for a waitress.

As an employer every company expects thier staff to return 3-4 times thier salary. At this rate I would expect a girl to return at least 12000 baht, 20 barfines a month.

Archived