Always log out when using public computers

Savittre

What a difference.

Another board member (sorry I forget who) found a machine in an internet cafe still logged on as a different user. He simply logged his brother in sanuk out.

You however find in necessary to make a silly post and try and embarras a fellow board member. Maybe the better course of action action would to have been just log the user out and if necessary send a PM to alert the user to their left login.

Stump_Dog,

Whilst logging out and PM'ing the user as to what they should have done would be sufficient for that user, the whole board would have missed out on the history file tip...Whilst I know a fair bit about computers(no where near an expert) I would not have thought about deleting the history even though I do it reguarly on my PC for housekeeping purposes...

Sanukboot.

SanukBoot,

As far as I know logging out is sufficient. I don't believe there is anything in the history file that allows you to post under a different users details. All the information to post is contained in a cookie. The sensitive data is removed from the cookie when you log out.

I still think it's a little unfair to point out the board members mistake in public. Why not contact him privately and post a message along the lines of 'I recently found a PC Logged on' if you have some information to share.

Regards,

Stump_Dog.

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Stump_Dog ]

Archived