Refreshing experience?

Just came back from being ?stuck? overseas. The location I was stranded at was quite nice but what made it even better was meeting a couple of Thai ladies working there!!! Now I personally hate making the old ?normal Thai girl? vs. ?Thai bar-girl? statement, to me they?re all just Thai women who?ve chosen different paths based on there own personal situations, they?re all after the same thing for the most part, just going about it in different & diverse ways. I don?t hold that against them, look down on their action, or treat them any different. They all get the same respect given to other women from the US or any other country I?ve visited (sorry, off the soap box now). But I will say they were college/university educated, well rounded, and their English was outstanding. In fact their English was actually better than some of the guys I work with here in Hawaii, and certainly much better than my Thai!!! wink.gif" border="0 They?re a little different than the majority of the girls I?ve met in LoS, mostly because of their higher education levels, and communication abilities, now I need to put forth an effort to learn Thai to the level they?ve mastered English (fingers crossed).

Anyway?

What made the experience so nice was just sitting around discussing cultural issues, family, and getting a slightly different perspective then what I?m normally granted. It was a totally platonic relationship with no pressure to ?boom boom? for baht. Now I?m not going to lie and say the thought didn?t enter my mind, it did, but I wasn?t going to push the issue and just went with it. Think it may workout out for the better in the long run. I can honestly say I?m looking forward to meeting up with at least one of the girls in Bangkok when she returns home and I make it back up there for work or holiday. The other nice thing is this girl(s) can get a visa and may visit Hawaii someday. A nice change of pace and a chance to share a little more of my culture and heritage with a nice Thai lady, something I?ve wanted to do for a while. Not to sure if my girlfriend here is going to have the same point of view though? Things might get a little too close to home for her wink.gif" border="0

Looking forward to more refreshing experiences in the future!!!

Nakbin

Actually, if i may add, and agreeing with your statement on Normal vs non-normal TGs, i never found the pleasure to meet and flirt with a new thai flame less than refreshing, no matter where they come from. My experience with educated thai women abroad, ie.San Francisco, is actually in their disfavour, already westernized to the point of recognizable neurotic woman behaviour, though this started to show after a few dates only, once the "thai veneer" was scratched a bit. Most always complained about the attention given by men for just "being thai" and seemingly "easy lay" by definition. never occured to them that men are simply attracted towards women. And more than a few of them end up hiding up the fact that they are thai. All of them, nevertheless, had this incredible knack for getting into abusive and complicated relationships. Back to LOS, i found the first little flirt with an Issan uneducated lovely the most refreshing thing. Not a rule, i admit.... wink.gif" border="0

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Archived