Penang 60 day tourist visa-turnaround time?

Bembaman

No.

As is the policy in most Thai Consulates - you apply in the morning one day and receive the visa in the afternoon of the following day (assuming no holidays involved).

Don't know where you plan to fly from but the Bangkok - Penang route used to only have a late afternoon flight. So you could not apply until the next morning.

You might be able to fly to Hat Yai early morning - share taxi to Penang and apply for visa day one and return on an evening flight the next day perhaps but not sure if you can get to the Consulate before the noon closure.

• 4 weeks later...

While i have not been to penang in over two years, i recall you are stuck at least two nights there if not three due to the flight schedule and issuing of the visa. I also recently heard they were only issuing single tourists visas so you might want to look elsewhere.....

In terms of women and nightlife (chinese massage parlors only), it ain't no LOS. My advice is to head to cambodia, indonesia or laos...

Hello,

I've had 2 consecqutive double entry visas from Peneng before. As with another contributor, that was a couple of years ago.

Turnaround time was 48 hrs - I always went by train rather than fly.

There seems to be some confusion lately with the new laws regarding visas.

My understanding is that no thai consulate or Embassy in SE Asia will grant a Non Immigrant O visa if you're on a 30 day entry stamp. You need that Tourist Visa first. I could be wrong about that, but it's what I've been told.

The Malaysia Hotel on Penang Road was good value at @ 660 Baht when I was last there.

Girls exist, and I would suggest a wander down Chulia street to see what happens.

You might also consider going to Sungai Kolok and then over to Kota Baru in Malaysia. There's a Thai consulate there, but make sure you wear long trousers. They will refuse to serve you otherwise. If you are going overland, Sungai Kolok is great fun on the Thai side. You won't be disappointed with the selection of girls!!

The Genting Hotel is a good bet - @ 550 Baht a night - and they'll fix you up with a girl if you want one.

Hope that's of some help.

Archived