first trip to village cont..

The first evening is a bit of a blur,i remember trying to talk to Tin's mum,i didn't think she was going to be there,but i guess she wanted to check the Falang out.Tin was trying to interpret the questions coming my way but i think they liked to hear me struggling with my limited Thai,i get the general idea that i looked younger than in my photo :).Some food turned up and everybody got stuck in,luckily for me Tin gets a kick out of looking after me(one of the many things that attracted me to her) so i hardly have to lift a finger.

After that everybody seemed to make a move into the night and it was time to find my sleeping quarters,we would be sleeping up stairs in her parents house which was opposite her sisters house where we were sitting.Tin had proudly told me how she had bought new everything,Pillows, mattress,mosquito net and a powerful fan.So we made our way into the house,lizards were everywhere especially huddling round the small floresent tubes outside and inside the house.

The wooden stairs shifted as i walked up and the grab rail didn't feel like it would hold anything so it guided me to the top,going through the first room the floor boards bowed between the beams even under this little Falangs weight so i tried to keep to where i thought the beams were.The bedroom was filled by a square mosquito net hung from the ceiling on its four corners,inside was the mattress on the floor

and a large fan at one end,she had obviously spent a lot of time doing this and it was pleasing to me to see so much effort made for me,we stripped off and jumped in and after an hour or so it was good to feel the fan on our sweaty bodies and i drifted off to a long comfortable sleep.

You know those horror films where the person is standing in a dark room with streams of light are pouring in from hundreds of holes,that was what the room was like with the sun pearcing through all the holes in the morning,it felt hot out side,Tin was up already so i gingerly got dressed and made my way down.

Her daughter is sitting on the floor ironing so i give a "sawadee krap" she smiles and sawadee's back,Tin comes in from the kitchen (i guess you could call a gas bottle fed stove and a wok a kitchen)and lays down a mat and brings in some raw vegetables and a couple of small fish,she gives me a covered bowl "i do for you darling" i look inside, "musherloom soup,i do for you darling" I thought this was a nice touch but little did i realise how thankful i would be for my morning soups.

She calls her son and reaches behind into an electric rice cooker and fills a bowl,her son comes in and we all sit down to eat, the soup and was great but i found it hard to adjust to eating rice first thing in the morning but i felt to turn it down might be taken the wrong way.After breakfast she cleared up and presented me with a cup of coffee and a glass of freshly aqueezed orange,i sit back and think"i could get used to this" She was pulling out all the stops to make me happy or was she just being a normal Thai girlfriend?

Tin and her kids disappear and i scan the room,at the end of the room is a double mosquito net with a double bed with a few soft toys on,this is where both her kids sleep,behind is a large blue fridge,to the left is a wardrobe wich they all use , opposite me is a small telly on which the daughter would watch some pretty funny(well i thought so) soaps.Taking up half of the floor space by the double doors were four Juki sewing machines,this was the way all the family made a living.

Tin finished up and we went over to her sisters and then there was some general chit chat and more "sawadee kraps" from

me,"ok darling we go now".We made our way to the Jeep that was parked twentyyards up the road in a friends drive,it was obvious that "we" did not mean just the two of us infact by the time we got the jeep started there was ten of us off for a trip to where ever we were off to.....

Boris

"ten of us off for a trip to where ever we were off to....."

....looking forward to hear the rest. :)

Looks like you're having a nice time. And you're experiencing the village lifestyle as well.

Is this whole trip different from your expectations?? better?worse?

Archived