Junior Agogo

SiLeakHunt

SLH,

I think Baht-Man's got his wires crossed. ;) The bloke that currently plays for Wednesday (or is in the squad, anyway) is called Manuel Agogo, a Ghanaian midfielder, no great shakes. He's been on loan to Lincoln and Oldham recently (we've all got our cross to bear...).

Junior Agogo is a centre forward who used to play for Sheffield Wednesday but scarpered off to America a couple of years ago, where he had spells in the MLS with Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids and San Jose Earthquakes. He came back to England in April 2002 to play for QPR on an ominous "non-contract" basis. Don't know if he's still there or not...

I wonder if they are by any chance related?

jack agogo ::

Cuiouser and curiouser: I just checked a QPR website (an unofficial one; you have to be a "member" (i.e. a dick?) to get into the official one so sod that...) and Junior Agogo's not on their books any more. He was in the squad last season. He made one league appearance, as a substitute against Swindon, and his sole contribution to proceedings appears to have been getting himself a yellow card.

(No sign of a sister, however.)

I've got too much time on my hands.

j :p

Archived