Bangkok 7's

phiketpete

Either I am deaf, dumb and or blind or the Bangkok 7's has to be one of the most poorly marketed events in Bangkok.

Each year I say to myself I must keep an eye open for the dates. I know it to be around this time of year. Each year except 1 i miss it.

For those that care it is taking place this weekend.

Sat in the house with little to do except channel surf I came across live action on Super Sport.

The weather can hardly be helping attendance which looks to be sparse. After taking aweay family memebers of the teams not too many more I shouldn't think.

Anyways i have just watched one of the finals of the ladies competion Australian Navy vs Singapore Blacks 2nd.

More akin to mud wrestling than rugby. Heavy pitch shall we say. Viewing not helped by the fact that the teams were playing in similar strips.

Also the case for the next match up in the mens competition between Hanoi Dragons and Vientiane Buffaloes.

Chereleading from young thai girls in between matches, though not quite in the Dallas Cheerleader class - not so easy when you are ankle deep in mud - and plenty of beer.

Great way to spend a weekend in my opinion if the weather cooperates and you know that the damm thing is on

Ah next year

Archived