NFL Fantasy - Playoff Scenarios

itsmedave

Well, here we are already facing week 10 and it's becoming more and more clear who is and who is not still in the running. (sorry Primanti's...but 0-9 just won't cut it.)

With only 5 more games in the regular season, each one becomes more and more important and playoff rosters must be considered. There is a deadline for trades and it is coming soon, so those teams out there looking to shore themselves up for the final push should get on the stick and make something happen.

I must admit that I've stocked up on running backs as much to be safe myself as to prevent others from using them against me...or at least perhaps be in a good position to trade up. But, realistically, my chances are now on the slim side at 4-4-1. Two games out from the wild card position with 5 to play.

So, for fun, I did a comparison of the teams with winning records thus far (and myself) to check out the strength of schedule to the end. I did not compare the Legends or the Freelancers as they seem headed for a divisional win. That leaves 5 teams vying for 2 spots.

So, including myself, there are 7 teams which should strike fear into their opponents based on a winning record. Here, is a comparison of who has the easiest, and most difficult schedule.

Most difficult: The Strikers (6-2-1), with 4 out of 5 weeks against tough teams.

Next: a tie between the Chums(6-3), the Ladyboys(6-3), and Jihad(5-4)with 3 out of 5 toughies.

Finally, I win out with the easiest remaining schedule, only one winning opponent, the Legends, in my 5 remaining games. Too bad I have to make up so much ground. (Unlike my team from another league where I'm sitting pretty at 8-1)

Week 10 features matchups between Chums v Strikers and Ladyboys v Jihad, so somethings gotta give there. Also, week 13 should be a slobberknocker with all 5 of us facing major challenges. This is likely the week where the playoff teams will be decided.

This is when it starts to get really interesting...

Archived